Sustainable Country Style Home
This home has been tailored to a sloping block to take advantage of the optimal solar orientation and location in the Bingara Gorge estate with a country style theme.
The weatherboard clad colourbond roofed home with wrap around verandah, generous timber beams and bush themed landscaping embraces the surround environment, while the generous and well apportioned layout complements the design.
The home takes advantage of the northern side boundary with building setbacks, generous northern windows and a internal courtyard to let northern sun into the southern side of the home. The home is net zero energy, generating far more than the home uses, while neatly integrating sustainable features including:
– Improved insulation to walls (both exterior and interior), ceiling and roof
– High performance glazing throughout
– Highly efficient evacuated tube solar hot water
– 5kW solar array
– Insulating window coverings
– wider halls, lower light-switches and flat floor plan for disabled access
– high efficiency appliances including induction cook top
– Unique ducted ventilation system for heating and cooling
– LED warm white lighting throughout
3D Modeling, Blueprints, Engineering